Tuesday 11 January 2011

MY NEW INSPIRATION

I found myself getting rather bored with my idea - it needed more structure. So I have decided to introduce a newer second storyline. This new storyline will tell the story of the older sibling moving away for university, with the death of his dog symbolising the death of his childhood. Therefore, I have decided to change the running order of events for my short film. Here is my shot list (work in progress):
- Shot 1: Long shot of the dog and boy playing in the garden. Will be a still shot, and I will perhaps use a puppy to symbolise the old dog when he was young, and my younger brother to play the boy when he was a young'un. Implied growing up together.
- Shot 2: Mid shot of grown up boy and old dog sitting together.
- Shot 3: Shot of a calendar with dates marked for when the dog will be put down, and the date for the boy's move to uni.
- Shot 3: Time passing, dog aging, boy packing.
- Shot 4: Dog being spoilt by his owners
- Shot 5: Time carries on passing
- Shot 6: Family leaves with dog in car, car drives away
- Shot 7: Family return to house minus dog (implied death), return with his lead.
- Shot 8: Boy packing, mid shot of boy and family loading up the car. The car leaves.
- Shot 9: Boy's family wave him off.
- Shot 10: Family generally being miserable.
- Shot 11: Mother and father enter this house with new dog.
- Shot 12: Family are happy again.
Bear in mid, this is very vague - hopefully my animatic should help with deciding more definite angles and time in each scene, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment