Tuesday 25 January 2011

AUDIENCE THEORY


Yet more audience research; I am delving deeper and focusing more on categorising my audience. I have been looking at NRS social grade and the ACORN system. I found it difficult to categorise my audience because dogs seem to break the boundaries (ie lots of people have dogs). Because the breed being used in my film, King Charles Cavaliers are the 6th most popular breed in the UK, and comparatively not that expensive, I decided that on the NRS social grade I would categorise my audience between B, C1 and C2 - which I know is quite broad, but then a large majority of people own dogs. For the ACORN system (which is far, far more specific than the NRS social grade), I decided that the viewers of my film would be somewhere between the categories of Comfortably Off and Moderate Means.

1 comment:

  1. some excellent stuff daisy; can you please change your settings so that there are 20 to 30 posts on a page - it makes it easier to make comparative assessment and cross-reference your posts.

    don't forget the assessment analysis posts and homework task that I set

    ReplyDelete