Tuesday 25 January 2011

AUDIENCE.


I have decided to look at my audience more closely; I will be examining them (my audience) closely in relation to these things called the 'effects models':
The hypodermic needle model:
The intended message is directly received and wholly accepted by the receiver.

Two step flow:
The people with most access to media, and highest media literacy explain and diffuse the content to others. This is a modern version of the hypodermic needle model.

Uses and gratifications:
People are not helpless victims of mass media, but use the media to get specific gratifications.

Reception theory:
The meaning of a "text" is not inherent within the text itself, but the audience must elicit meaning based on their individual cultural background and life experiences.

Obstinate audience theory:
This theory assumes that there is a transactional communication between the audience and the media. The audience actively selects what messages to pay attention to.

Having looked at the above theories, I believe that the audience of my film will comply with the hypodermic needle model; because I wish to show it after Come Dine With Me (the housewives' mainstay), I imagine that people just keep on watching (ie ambushing them into watching my film).

No comments:

Post a Comment