Thursday 17 March 2011

VOICEOVER

I finally decided on what my voiceover is going to be. I have chosen the poem 'Death is Nothing At All', by Henry Scott Holland. I got my dad to read it, acting as the old dog. I used a slightly adapted version of the poem so it fit to my film.
Here is the adapted version I used:

Death is nothing at all

I have only slipped away into the next room

I am I and you are you

Whatever we were to each other

That we are still

Call me by my old familiar name

Speak to me in the easy way you always used

Put no difference into your tone

Laugh as we always laughed

At the little jokes we always enjoyed together

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me

Let my name be ever the household word that it always was

Let it be spoken without effort

Without the ghost of a shadow in it

Life means all that it ever meant

It is the same as it ever was

Why should I be out of mind

Because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you at an interval

Somewhere very near

Just around the corner

All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment